1. Bailey Balfour Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.(“ Bailey Balfour” or the “Company”) Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) governs the management of personal data within the Company and with any external party. An external party may include but is not limited to an individual or any company whether registered in Singapore or elsewhere (“Applicant Company”) submitting their personal data to Bailey Balfour.
2. The term “Company” includes all its related entities and any person authorized in writing by Bailey Balfour. This policy is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“The Act”) and/or any advisories issued by The Personal Data Protection Commission (“Commission”).
Disclaimer – Warranties and Indemnifications
3. Our course registration and delivery system is provided to you on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind. The usage of the system is at your own risk and the Company is not responsible directly or indirectly for any loss or damage arising from the use of this system as well as any third party’s system that is connected to your system.
4. In addition you agree to indemnify the Company, its officers and employees against any action/s, claim/s, damages, liabilities, and losses arising out of this submission on our Company’s systems.
Definition of Personal Data
5. In this policy, personal data refers to any data whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time. It may include but not limited to the following classes of personal data:
- Name of any party;
- Your national ID (or equivalent), passport, work pass or other identification numbers;
- Telephone number(s), physical mailing address, electronic mail address, information on payment system including but not limited to any banking related payment details or processes; and
- Network data and any other information electronic or otherwise relating to any individual which you have provided to us in any form.
Consent on Collecting, Using and Disclosing Your Personal Data.
6. You agree to the Company collecting and using your personal data when you:
- Interact with us by contacting us or visiting our web site regarding any human resources consulting matters;
- Submit information to us, register for an event or training seminar conducted by the Company;
- Sign up for any service provided by the Company through any medium;
- Receive information about our products and services through various means including but not limited to electronic mail, text message, telephone call, social media and the like;
- Access and process any application on our systems;
- Contact or respond to our marketing or customer service officer through any face to face meeting, electronic mail, text message, telephone call, social media and the like ;
- Provide any third party personal data to the Company ;
- Meet the Company’s representative/s electronic message from the Company or any telephone conversation;
- Engage the Company through any social media on the Internet and on the social media itself;
- Authorize any third party representing you; and
- Engage in any process or procedure considered reasonable as part of our business relationship with you and/or to provide the necessary service/s required or requested by you.
Accuracy of Personal Data
7. You should ensure that the personal data submitted to us is true, complete and accurate.
Consent by Third Party on Their Personal Data Submitted by You
8. If you provide to us with any personal data belonging to any third party including but not limited to your family members, employees, your agent/s or any other person, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of that third party for us to use the personal data according to our policy. In addition you agree to indemnify and defend the Company, its officers and employees against any action/s or claim/s by the third party.
Consent relating to Law Enforcement
9. We may also collect, use or disclose your personal data in relation to any lawful order issued by any law enforcement agency and/or orders of courts located in Singapore or elsewhere.
10. Protect and enforce our contractual and legal rights and obligations, prevent, detect and investigate any potential or actual criminal activity including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering, and manage other commercial risks in relation to your contract.
11. Manage the business operations of our Company to comply with our internal policies and procedures.
12. Handle any dispute and/or conduct and facilitate any lawful investigation and proceeding relating to your contract.
Consent Previously Obtained
13. This policy supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consent you may have previously provided to Company in respect of your personal data.
14. You are also deemed to have given your consent for the collection, usage and disclosure of personal data in any circumstance where consent is deemed under Act.
Security of Personal Data
15. Whilst every reasonable care is taken to safeguard the personal data in our possession or control through reasonable technical and organizational security measures, the Company is not liable when you use our system and any third party’s system that is connected to your system:
- Any unauthorized misuse, access, disclosure, alteration or any similar risk by a third party;
- Any data corruption due to disk and other technical failures;
- A third party’s acts or omissions; and
- Any web site/s linked to our Company’s sites which we have no control over.
Transfer of Your Personal Data Outside of Singapore
16. The Company does not transfer any of your personal data outside of Singapore unless the transfer is in accordance with our policy and/or the requirements of the Act.
Right of Correction and Withdrawal
17. You have the right to correct your personal data and/or to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data. The notice to correct or withdraw your consent must be carried out in accordance with our notice procedure listed below to our Data Protection Officer.
18. The Company shall cease to use your personal data upon receiving this request and you are agreeable to the following conditions for withdrawal of the use of your personal data:
- If consent is withdrawn, you acknowledge and agree that the Company may not be able to provide you with the necessary services you require;
- Notwithstanding any withdrawal of consent, unless otherwise as agreed, you will still be bound by your contract/s with the Company unless you choose to terminate the relevant contract/s according to the terms of the contract/s; and
- The termination of the contract may include cancellation and other charges or penalties in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Reasonable Cost for Your Request
19. Upon receiving any request under this policy, the Company has the right to impose a reasonable administrative fee in relation to your request including those fees imposed by our providers. The fees must be received together with your application before we will proceed to act on your request.
20. We reserve the right not to act on any of your request as allowed under the Act.
21. Personal data will be retained by the Company as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected and the Company will cease to retain the personal data when it is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
22. The Company may update this policy to ensure that this Policy is consistent with our business requirements and any changes in the law.
23. You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the policy as well as any update from time to time on the Company’s website.
24. This policy is governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore in any dispute arising out of or in connection with this policy including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination.
25. If you have any question or feedback regarding your personal data or our policy you may contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Phone: (+65) 8309 7857
Mail: Bailey Balfour Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., 583 Orchard Road, #06-01 Forum, Singapore 238884